Welcome to this slice of cottage country heaven at this wonderful 2,100 sq. ft. 3 bedroom main cottage and large one bedroom Bunkie!
The owners had spent countless summers as teenagers visiting a friend's cottage on Clear Lake, so when they were in a position to buy as adults, they knew this would be the perfect lake and area for family vacations. Needless to say, they were thrilled when the opportunity arose to own this gem on this beautiful spring fed lake and to begin creating family memories of their own.
Everything about this cottage exudes warmth, from the gorgeous pine floors, pine vaulted ceilings, comfy furniture and cottage country décor and accents. The open concept kitchen/dining/living room is bright and spacious with a striking center piece stone wood-burning fireplace making this area ideal for all family gatherings. With an abundance of windows lining the side and front of this area, you will enjoy serene lake views whether prepping meals, dining or just relaxing in front of a fire on cooler evenings.
The cottage’s sleeping arrangement is laid out perfectly for one large family or 2 small families. Three well appointed bedrooms are located on a split upper level in the main cottage. Two of the bedrooms are tucked into the back of the cottage, lending to a great night’s sleep, and share a 4-piece bathroom. The generous sized lake facing master bedroom has its own 3-piece ensuite with a direct walk-out to a screened in Muskoka room (which also has an entrance off of the family room), the perfect spot for morning coffees. The large one bedroom Bunkie over the garage will be the older kids dream come true sleeping quarters with a double and a queen bed and plenty of space to spread out onto the floor to play board games or watch movies.
The property is great for both young and old alike, with the land being level between the cottage and the waterfront, and to the side of the dock there is a shallow area for the younger children to safely splash and play. Enjoy sunshine all day long on the dock then cool off with a dip in the refreshing water and lay out on the lily pad and for the more adventurous take the kayaks out and explore the lake.
If you can tear yourself away from the cottage, you are so close to so many great Muskoka attractions. Clear Lake Brewery is an easy 1 km. walk from the cottage and Bala is just a 5 minute drive away where you’ll find Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh and Muskoka Lakes Winery. For a longer day trip visit Santa’s Village in Bracebridge or take a Muskoka steam ship cruise from the Gravenhurst wharf. So much to do, so little time, so what are you waiting for?!
4 bedrooms in total:
- Main Cottage
- 3 bedrooms (split upper level - king; queen; single/double bunk bed with pull-out single trundle)
- king sheets will be provided
- fully equipped kitchen
- keurig coffee make and a cuisinart regular drip coffee maker
- breakfast table with 4 chairs
- kitchen island and 4 bar stools
- dining room table with 8 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (split upper level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (split upper level)
- washer/dryer in laundry room
- ceiling fans in living room, dining room and master bedroom
- electric baseboard heating
- fireplace - main level living room (some wood available)
- 32" TV/DVD (master bedroom - TV is for DVD only)
- 40" TV/DVD (main level living room)
- NO satellite
- Wi-Fi (limited data, no streaming or downloading)
- screened-in Muskoka Room (off of master bedroom)
- wicker loveseat, 2 wicker chairs and Muskoka chair (all with cushions) in Muskoka room
- side deck (10ft. x 20ft.)
- propane BBQ
- Garage Bunkie
- open bedroom (double; queen)
- portable heater
- 2 portable fans
- 40" TV/DVD (TV is for DVD only)
- DVD player
- Surrounding Grounds
- outdoor chimenea (some wood available)
- natural wood stools around chimenea
- dock (35ft. x 40ft.)
- swim ladder
- 6 Muskoka chairs and propane firetable on dock
- 2 kayaks
- 5 person paddleboat
- lily pad
- lifejackets (some, various adult sizes)
- water source is lake, uv filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake 1/4km away (9am-1pm each day)
Pet (small dog) upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens (king sheets will be provided) and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am