Welcome to amazing privacy at this beautiful 3,200 sq. ft., 2 level, 4 bedroom cottage, nestled on 26 acres of land on the tranquil shores of Muldrew Lake! For the owners, the location was a main feature in choosing this magnificent property, right in the heart of popular Muskoka cottage country and just an hour and 45 minutes from Toronto.
From the moment you step into the cottage, you will feel the weight of the city's hectic pace slip away, as you take in the stunning peaceful lake views from a wall of floor to ceiling windows. The interior of the cottage was designed with plenty of space for the entire family to spread out and relax on both levels.The open concept kitchen/living/dining room beckons for family gatherings morning, noon and night. The kitchen is large enough for multiple chefs with plenty of granite counter space to prepare great cottage meals for family and friends. Dine inside in either the dining room or Muskoka room or head out to the expansive deck for outdoor dining, wherever you choose, the lake will be your spectacular background view. For late night relaxing, settle into the comfy couches and chairs in either the main level living room or Muskoka room or in the lower level family room to enjoy an evening by the fire watching TV or movies.
The bedrooms are well laid out for a large family or 2 small families with 2 bedrooms on the lower level and 2 bedrooms on the main level with the spacious lakefront master bedroom having it's own ensuite bathroom and direct walk-out to the deck.
Along with the great proximity to Toronto, the owners fell in love with all that the property had to offer. Muldrew Lake is a 2 finger lake and the cottage is positioned as far south as you can get, on a quiet bay with only 5 other cottages on it.
With 660 feet of water frontage and multiple places to choose from to sit back and relax, there is a heightened feeling of being one with nature and its serenity. Enjoy your morning coffee down on the dock watching the King Heron soar by, or watching the Geese teaching their goslings how to fish. Everyday at dusk, like clockwork, the owners see the beaver who lives around the point swimming past the cottage on its way across the bay to find its dinner. The waterfront by the dock is ideal for both young and old alike with a small sandy beach area and gradual water access. For fishing enthusiasts, there is a variety of fish to be caught, such as sunfish, catfish, small and largemouth bass, even pike as big as 40" have been caught here.
Whether paddling on the lake, swimming in the refreshing water, having a Tetherball tournament, Lawn Darts or Corn Hole games on the front lawn, or just sitting on the rise overlooking the water enjoying a glass of wine...you just couldn't find a better spot for a vacation getaway!!
- 4 bedrooms (main level - king; 2 singles; lower level - queen and single; queen)
- fully equipped kitchen
- wine fridge
- toaster oven
- drip coffee maker
- dining table with 6+3 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell reception
- 1- 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1- 3 piece bathroom (main level master bedroom ensuite)
- 1- 5 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer/dryer - full size front load Whirlpool duet (main level hall cupboard - currently not shown in photos)
- forced-air propane furnace
- central air-conditioning
- ceiling fans (living room, kitchen, Muskoka room and all 4 bedrooms)
- electric fireplace - Muskoka room
- NOTE: main level living room fireplace is not for use
- NOTE: wood stove in lower level family room photos has been removed
- 60" TV/DVD (main level living room)
- 50" TV (Muskoka room)
- 30" TV/DVD (lower level family room)
- TV's in all 4 bedrooms
- satellite (Shaw)
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- Netflix only available on the living room TV
- Muskoka room (sectional wicker couch with cushions and dining table with 6 chairs in Muskoka room)
- large deck across the entire length of cottage
- 4 chairs, wicker loveseat and 2 wicker chairs with cushions and dining table with 6 chairs on deck
- propane BBQ
- large ground level semi-covered stone patio with 6 chairs and a bench
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- lakeside screened-in gazebo
- large lakeside stone patio with 7 Muskoka chairs and 6 lounge chairs
- dock (8ft. x 30ft.)
- swim ladder
- NOTE: boat in photos is not included
- swim raft with ladder
- 2 kayaks
- adult life jackets (some, various sizes)
- water source well, potable
- privacy rating is 1 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
Pet upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)