Built in ever popular Ontario cottage country, on one of Muskoka’s cleanest and clearest lakes, this gorgeous bespoke custom built 4,000 sq. ft. retreat will be the building block for memories to last a life time. Architecturally designed with a blend of wood and dry stack local granite, this gem is nestled on 2 acres of land with 400 ft. of waterfront on Skeleton Lake.
Inside the feeling of spaciousness abounds! Modern meets cottage country luxury. The entrance hall, with a bright laundry room and 2-piece bathroom, lead into an impressive open spaced kitchen and dining area. Enjoy creating meals in this stunning chef’s kitchen complete with Wolf induction cooktop, Sub-Zero fridge, wall oven and warming drawer. Relax and enjoy the beautiful lake views at the customized kitchen island then shift over to the large harvest table for your main meal. Warmed by the double-sided fireplace, finish with dessert in the tastefully decorated living room as you take in the magnificent tree-top lake views through an abundance of large picture windows.
The impressive Muskoka room, just off of the living/dining/kitchen area, is “an any time of day” spot to relax and unwind in the comfy couches and listen to your favourite tunes via the built in “whole” cottage audio system. You will feel one with nature, taking in views of the lake and surrounding trees through a wrap-around wall of windows.
The master bedroom on the main floor, with a 3-piece ensuite bathroom and over-sized rain shower, is an oasis onto itself. It’s tastefully appointed decor combined with the peaceful view of the lake from its own abundance of large picture windows, makes for a great escape after a long day of cottage vacation activity.
The upper level is a large family’s sleeping haven with 3 generous-sized bedrooms and a shared 5-piece bathroom.
The lower level has a bright and expansive family room and 2-piece bathroom with a lakeside bedroom and a 3-piece bathroom. The family room is a great spot for late night entertainment, watching movies or listening to tunes while playing pool or ping-pong.
The lakeside Bunkie was built prior to the main cottage and has the same level of tasteful finishes, featuring cathedral ceilings, tongue and groove wood walls, large picture windows and wide plank reclaimed pine flooring. With 2 bedrooms, a 4-piece bathroom, kitchenette and cozy living/dining area complete with TV/DVD and Sony sound dock, this is the perfect private retreat for your extended family.
Venturing outside there are so many choices of places to sit back and chill, with multiple decks, a stone patio at the bunkie and a boathouse dock down at the waterfront. With a southeast exposure, enjoy glorious sunrises and full sun until late afternoon and with the curvature of the natural shoreline you will enjoy great privacy at the dock. Due to the spring-fed nature of the lake, the water is exceptionally clear, perfect for swimming and snorkeling, and the fishing is very good for bass (even off of the dock!), trout and walleye. The lake has spectacular shoreline granite cliffs and many outcrops creating a dramatic (Devil’s Face Cliff being a popular landmark) and unique landscape around the lake, so be sure to boat or paddle on the lake and take in all of its natural beauty.
However you choose to spend your days, the tranquil, unspoilt setting surrounding the cottage will quickly soothe your rattled city nerves. After a week here, you may never want to go home!
7 bedrooms in total:
- Main Cottage
- 5 bedrooms (main level - king; upper level - queen; 2 singles; 2 single/double combo bunks; lower level - king)
- all linens provided for all beds as well as towels
- large, fully equipped kitchen
- built-in microwave
- Wolf induction cooktop with separate oven and warming oven
- Sub-Zero fridge
- dining room table seats 12 (6 chairs and long upholstered bench)
- kitchen island (with sink) and 5 bar stools
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 5 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer in laundry room
- 2nd full size fridge in laundry room
- combination radiant floor heating with furnace
- ceiling fans in all main rooms
- NO air-conditioning
- automatic back-up generator
- double sided wood-burning fireplace (main level between the living area and dining and kitchen area)
- high definition TV with DVD player and surround sound (lower level family room)
- in-ceiling sound system (main and lower level) with 3 separate docking stations
- NO satellite
- wireless internet service (limited data, no streaming or downloading) (not guaranteed)
- billiard table and ping pong combo
- screened-in Muskoka Room with ceiling fans
- outdoor hot tub on the lower covered deck
- 2 separate upper level decks
- lower covered deck
- propane BBQ
- outdoor furniture
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- boat house with dock (1 slip available upon request)
- swim ladder
- 2 canoes
- 3 kayaks
- 2 stand up paddleboards
- lily pad
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is drilled well, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- Please Note - No jet skis permitted at this cottage
- 2 bedrooms (queen; single bunks)
- radiant floor heating
- ceiling fans
- kitchenette with sink and small fridge with freezer
- coffee maker
- 4 piece bathroom
- stone patio overlooking the lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet upon approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 16, bring own drinking water if preferred, bring own towels (all linens and towels provided). Noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
With this cottage there is a mandatory $2,000 security deposit upon booking.
* Please Note - No jet skis permitted at this cottage *
Check in 4 pm and check out is 10 am