Looking for ultimate privacy in a luxuriously cozy and comfy quintessential Muskoka cottage on an stunning piece of island property that caters to all ages in the family?! Then look no further, the popular slogan, “Muskoka Once Discovered Never Forgotten”, will sum up your experience after you have the opportunity to settle into this amazing family oasis getaway for an unforgettable vacation.
This gorgeous 3,000 sq.ft., 6 bedroom cottage is nestled on 4.5 acres of land on tranquil Skeleton Lake. The lake is thought to have been formed as a result of a meteorite impact that occurred about 800 million years ago!
The interior of the cottage is warm and inviting with just the right combination of natural pine and white-washed pine walls with gorgeous maple wood floors throughout the main level and slate floor tiles throughout the lower level. Each and every room is comfortably and tastefully designed and decorated.
The open concept living/dining/kitchen area, with soaring cathedral ceilings and a wall of floor to ceiling windows in the living room, will be the main gathering place for the family to enjoy prepping meals, dining and relaxing while taking in tree-top views of the lake. For after-dinner beverages settle in front of the stunning stone fireplace in the living room or relax in the Muskoka room looking out to the lake across beautifully maintained landscaping and rock gardens. On warmer evenings step out onto the L-shaped deck with glass railings allowing for unobstructed views of the beauty before you while breathing in the fresh country air.
At the far end of the main level, providing serene privacy, is the spacious lake-facing master bedroom with its own 4-piece ensuite and Juliet balcony. Rounding out the main level is a 4-piece bathroom, a small bedroom off of the kitchen and a generous-sized loft bedroom with tree top views out to the lake.
The lower level is ideal for extended family, as it is an almost completely self-sufficient living space with 3 bedrooms, a family room, a 4-piece bathroom, a kitchenette and direct walk-out to the cottage grounds and lake.
Start your mornings off, cup of coffee in hand, either on the sunny main level deck or lower shaded stone patio. A stone pathway takes you down to a second stone patio, with views out to the lake, and then a short set of stone steps takes you down to 750 ft. of waterfront.
At this point you will want to kick off your flip flops and sink your toes into the glorious large sandy beach! Hard to believe, but Muskoka meets the Caribbean in this amazing unexpected playground for both young and old alike with step access to shallow sandy water. From here there is also a lakeside deck and not one but two docks. With an abundance of areas to choose from to sit and relax while taking in the peaceful surroundings, it will be hard to decide where to settle into for the day.
With 2 kayaks and 2 paddle boards at your disposal, take advantage of the early mornings, when the waters are at their calmest, and paddle on the lake as the mist rises off the water, magical.
The open body of water in Skeleton Lake is about the largest open body of water in all the Muskoka Lakes. This makes it an excellent lake for such sports as sailing and windsurfing. Due to the spring fed-nature of the lake, the water is exceptionally clear, perfect for swimming and snorkeling, and the fishing is very good for bass, trout and walleye. According to residents of the lake, on calm days it is possible to see up to 13 metres (42 ft) underwater with the naked eye. The lake has spectacular shoreline granite cliffs and many outcrops creating a dramatic (Devil’s Face Cliff being a popular landmark) and unique landscape around the lake.
For a short day trip head into Rosseau, especially on a summer Friday, and enjoy the Farmer's Market at the boat launch and park. Today Magazine refers to The Rosseau General Store as "an eclectic emporium where you can find just about anything you could reasonably want, a village Wal-Mart but with infinitely more character”.
Whether you spend your days on the water or exploring charming villages and surrounding landmarks, end your days with a BBQ back at the cottage, favourite beverage in hand and gather round the fire pit in the evening and watch the moon rise as you make smores and reminisce about the days adventures, could you ask for a better way to end another fabulous day in Muskoka?!
"What a phenomenal week! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us. Our children loved the beach, the dock, and the comfy couch for movie watching along with lots of yummy popcorn! t\The beautiful, yet functional kitchen was the focal point of all our meals and the warm sunny sitting room was the best for my morning coffee. Thank you for trusting us with your home and giving us forever summer memories.....
"What a beautiful retreat you built on Skeleton Lake. Our stay here has been truly exceptional. It was relaxing and comfortable as you have provided so many little extras to make us feel at home. The care and attention that you have put into the cottage is awesome. We have rented so many cottages over the lat 20 years and yours was by far the most well-equipped and beautifully decorated. We will undoubtly miss spending time in the sun room. This will be our favorite cottage vacation thus far.....
- 6 bedrooms (main level - king; double; loft level - queen; lower level - 2 queens; queen; 2 single/single combo bunks)
- king sheets will be supplied
- fully equipped kitchen (main level)
- kitchenette with full-sized fridge and electric griddle (lower level)
- espresso machine (lower level coffee bar)
- wine fridge
- Keurig coffee maker
- drip coffee maker
- food processor
- rice cooker
- waffle maker
- popcorn maker
- kitchen island with 2 bar stools
- dining table with 8 chairs (main level)
- dining table with 6 chairs (lower level)
- NO telephone
- some/good cell phone reception
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (main level - semi-ensuite)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (main level master bedroom ensuite - shower, toilet, double sinks)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (main level kichen closet - not shown in photos)
- ceiling fans (main level - dining room, master bedroom, loft bedroom and Muskoka room; lower level - all 3 bedrooms)
- 4 portable fans
- electric baseboard heating
- air conditioner in lower level
- fireplace in living room not for use
- bluetoothe enabled receiver (main level armoire)
- TV/DVD/Blu-ray (main level living room)
- TV/DVD/Blu-ray (main level master bedroom)
- TV/DVD/Blu-ray (lower level bedroom)
- TV (lower level family room)
- Sony playstation (plays Blu-ray/DVD - lower level family room)
- playstation with a few games (lower level bedroom)
- NO satellite
- NO Wi-Fi
- multitude of board games
- Muskoka room
- 2 couches, 2 chairs and coffee table in Muskoka room
- deck (600 sq.ft.)
- 4 wicker chairs with cushions, wicker loveseat with cushions, table, stand-up umbrella and 4 Muskoka chairs on deck
- propane BBQ
- stone patio with outdoor dining table with umbrella and 6 chairs
- fire pit (some wood supplied)
- 5 plastic Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- 2 plastic Muskoka chairs on 2nd stone patio
- dock (10ft. x 35ft.)
- swim ladder
- 2 Muskoka chairs on dock
- 2nd dock (8ft. x 20 ft.)
- boats shown in photos are not included
- swim raft (10ft. x 10ft.)
- swim ladder
- lakeside deck
- 4 Muskoka chairs on lakeside deck
- large sandy beach at waterfront (20ft. x 100ft.)
- 2 plastic Muskoka chairs and 2 lounge chairs on beach
- 2 kayaks
- 2 paddle boards
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source lake, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 1 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- boat rental on lake - Skeleton Lake Marina
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
NOTE: Will require your own boat to access the property.
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 12, bring own linens (king sheets will be supplied) and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
NOTE: Will require your own boat to access the property.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).