NEWLY LISTED - November 2020
Welcome to this lovely 4-season, 2,800 sq. ft., 2 level, 4 bedroom cottage, perched above the beautiful shores of Three Mile Lake.The owner’s great-great-great grandfather was the founder of the Muskoka Lakes Association, so needless to say, Muskoka is truly in their blood and is reflected in the pride and care taken in/of the cottage and property.
The interior of the cottage is meticulously maintained and warm and inviting with a blend of cottage country classic accents and modern design upgrades. From classic pine tongue and groove walls and ceilings in select rooms, beds with quilted bedspreads and wood-burning fireplaces, to a modern renovated kitchen, an oversized sectional living room couch, Rain showerheads in the bathrooms and central heat and air-conditioning! To add to the tasteful combinations of old and new, there are a multitude of wall paintings throughout, including Ed Novak watercolour prints.
The cottage layout is ideal for a large family or 2 small families, with bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas on both levels. The main level has a spacious open concept kitchen/dining/living room, offering tree-top views out to the lake from a wall of windows with a walk-out to the upper deck. Completing the main floor is a 4-piece bathroom and 2 cozy bedrooms. The lower level has a large family room, complete with its own full-sized fridge, Nespresso machine and kitchen counter with a sink, great for preparing after dinner coffee and beverages before settling into the comfy couch and chairs to watch a late night movie. Rounding out the lower level is a 3-piece bathroom and 2 more cozy bedrooms.
When you head outdoors there are a multitude of places to choose from to kick back and relax, whether in the shade or in the sun. The entrance deck wraps around to the large lakeside deck with stairs going down to a covered deck and then more stairs take you down to the 110 ft. of waterfront and out to the dock. With plenty of seating in all the locations, you can enjoy your morning coffee on the entrance deck, afternoon and evening BBQ’s on the lakeside deck and afternoon beverages on the dock.
With a canoe, 2 kayaks and a paddleboat at your disposal, be sure to get out on the water and explore. The owners recommend paddling along the shoreline to the right and then up a small creek to a marshy area where a bald headed eagles nest can be found. Three Mile Lake is also popular with fishing enthusiasts all year round and the little ones can even fish from right off the dock.
Being centrally located in the heart of Muskoka, you have an option of towns and quaint villages to explore within a 20-30 minute drive. The owners have quite a few favourite spots to visit, such as Huckleberry Rock for a hike and stunning views over Lake Muskoka, Port Sandfield for ice cream where Lake Joseph and Lake Rosseau meet and Windermere House for drinks on the patio overlooking Lake Rosseau. In the summer Farmer’s Markets are popular and nearby Bala, Rosseau, Port Carling and Bracebridge all have them on varying days.
However you spend your days there is no better way to end them, than back at the cottage gathered around the firepit, roasting marshmallows and s’mores with a guitar singalong! Gotta love cottage life!!
NEWLY LISTED - November 2020
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; double; lower level - queen; 2 doubles)
- fully equipped kitchen
- additional full-size fridge in lower level family room kitchenette
- Keurig coffee maker - main level kitchen (bring own pods)
- Nespresson coffee maker - lower level family room kitchenette (bring own pods)
- drip coffee maker - lower level family room kitchenette
- toaster oven - lower level family room kitchenette
- kitchen island with 3 bar stools
- dining table with 8 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1- 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (main level entrance foyer)
- forced-air propane furnace
- central air-conditioning
- ceiling fans (living room and main level bedrooms)
- wood stove (main level living room - some wood available)
- fireplace (lower level family room - some wood available)
- 55" Smart TV (main level living room)
- DVD/VCR player
- 32" TV (lower level family room)
- DVD/VCR player
- DVD library
- selection of board games (in cupboard beside stairs)
- satellite (Shaw) on both TV's
- Netflix on both TV's
- limited Wi-Fi (85 GB/wk.)
- main deck (12ft. x 40ft.)
- patio dining table with umbrella and 6+4 chairs and wicker sofa and 2 chairs with cushions on deck
- propane BBQ (Napoleon)
- lower covered deck (10ft. x 30ft.)
- 3 plastic chairs on lower covered deck
- entrance deck (10ft. x 45ft.)
- patio bistro table with umbrella and 2 chairs and 2 chairs with cushions on entrance deck
- outdoor fire bowl (some wood available)
- 4 Muskoka chairs at fire bowl
- dock (8ft. x 10ft. and 16ft. x 16ft. and 4ft. x 12ft.)
- swim ladder
- patio table with umbrella and 4 chairs on dock
- 2 kayaks
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source well, 3 stage UV filter system, potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
Pet upon approval of owner (no cats please), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, noise restriction after 11 PM.