Welcome to this lovely 2,000 sq. ft., 3 bedroom winterized cottage, nestled on one acre of land with 250 feet of shoreline on beautiful Groom Lake! The entire cottage has views of the lake. The highlight of this cottage is the 40' x 15' granite flagstone patio at the shoreline with a built in firepit, toy shed with bar and a few granite steps leading into the shallow soft sandy bottom water, great for kids to play. The water is shallow at the shore line for about 10' before it slopes. The patio also leads to 2 large floating docks (16'x10' and 10'x20') with access to 2 canoes. You can choose to soak up the sun or sit in the shade on hot days from this expansive shoreline. From the cottage level there are 6' wide granite steps that lead to the patio/lake.
The main cottage is a bungalow with a walkout basement. The main floor has an open concept living/dining/kitchen area with peaceful views of the lake from floor to ceiling windows. There is a large deck across the entire front of the cottage facing the lake. The cottage is warm and inviting, with gorgeous oak floors on the main level, wood beams, cathedral pine wood ceilings and comfortable furnishings throughout. Take your morning coffee out the sliding glass doors and onto the deck to catch the first rays of sunshine as they pop up over the treed horizon. Relax in the main floor Muskoka Room enjoying 3 sided private views.
There are 2 bedrooms on the main floor and 1 bedroom on the lower level. All 3 bedrooms enjoy a view of the lake, while the spacious master bedroom has its own 2-piece ensuite, electric fireplace and a private walkout to the deck.
The lower level walk out has a large games room, a separate TV or reading room and laundry facilities. From the games room, you can walk out to the front lawn that leads you to the granite steps down to the lake.
Behind the cottage is a large flat cleared area which is perfect for tossing the Frisbee, a game of badminton or Volleyball, or roasting marshmallows at the 2nd firepit. There are outdoor chairs/tables provided at the back firepit, the deck, the lake patio and floating docks)
In addition to the main cottage, there is living space in the adjacent newly constructed garage with a large living room and upper level bedroom with sleeping for 4 more people.
There is access to ATV and main snowmobile trails less than 3km from the cottage. The road and driveway is plowed in the winter and there is parking for 10+ vehicles and trailers. Enjoy tobogganing, ice fishing, and snowshoeing with the many trails available to explore. You can access Algonquin Park via the Rain Lake access point, 10 minutes from the cottage.
Explore many close trails and a warm cottage to come back to with a forced air furnace (no wood burning allowed at indoor fireplaces). There is a drilled well water and UV filter for safe drinking water.
PREVIOUS RENTERS' COMMENTS:...wonderfully appointed...the cottage has everything one could need...loved the cottage...great layout...modern......Many thanks for the use of your great cottage - my family & I have had a brilliant week - we wish we could stay longer - every aspect of your cottage has made our week here very special!!
.....Our family of eight enjoyed this very comfortable, scenic cottage overlooking beautiful Lake Lynx with shoreline easily accessible for swimming. Rain or shine , there were lots of activities provided to keep us entertained. The extensive groundsoffered a well laid out firepit and room for outside games. One day we had a surprise visit from the woods...some deer ! Thank you to the owners for this wonderful cottage experience.
- 3 bedrooms (main level - king; queen; lower level - queen)
- must bring all sheets, pillowcases, pillows, blankets, comforters, towels and kitchen linens
- fully equipped kitchen
- full size fridge
- 4-burner glass stove top
- small convection oven
- 1 4-piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 2-piece ensuite bathroom (main level)
- washing machine
- large clothes line for drying clothes outside
- propane furnace (no wood burning allowed at indoor fireplaces)
- back-up generator
- screened in Muskoka Room
- 2 TVs / 2 VCR' / 2 DVD's
- NO satellite
- NO Wi-Fi
- good cell phone reception (Rogers)(new Bell tower nearby)
- large DVD/VHS library
- Sony Playstation
- CD /radio with surround sound throughout the cottage
- pool table
- new deck adnd landscaping to be completed spring 2021
- propane BBQ
- outdoor table/chairs on cottage deck
- outdoor furniture
- picnic table
- 2 outdoor firepits (bring own wood)
- stone lakeside patio installed fall 2020. 16X10 and 12X20 docks to be added spring 2021
- 2 canoes
- water - drilled well (potable)
- badminton or volleyball court
- public boat launch on lake
- privacy rating is 1 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3= some)
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $140 for the main cottage added to your bill so that you don't have to do the cleaning yourself. The cleaning fee if you wanted to add the garage loft would be $200 (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
GARAGE LIVING ROOM AND LOFT BEDROOM (Available May 1 - October 1):
- upper level bedroom - queen, 2 singles
- TV with buillt in DVD player
- table and chairs
- NO bathroom
One pet permitted upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6 -10, bring own linens and towels, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
To add the loft bedroom and living area is $450 per week or part there of.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $140 for the main cottage added to your bill so that you don't have to do the cleaning yourself. The cleaning fee if you wanted to add the garage loft would be $200 (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).