This custom-built spacious 3,000 sq. ft. bungalow with walk-out basement is located on tranquil Mirage Lake. Tucked into lakeside natural beauty, the cottage provides plenty of room for a family to spread out and enjoy all the comforts of home.
Tastefully decorated in warm neutral colors, the open concept living/dining/kitchen area looks out onto the lake from wall to wall panoramic windows. The living room has vaulted ceilings and a beautiful floor to ceiling stone wood-burning fireplace. Gorgeous maple hardwood floors throughout the main level are complimented with a variety of large and small tone on tone throw rugs. The kitchen island is centrally located with loively granite counters and the perfect spot to sous-chef meals and serve directly to the breakfast counter or dining area while enjoying views of the lake. On cooler evenings, settle into the Muskoka room to the right of the dining area and enjoy your after dinner beverage and enjoy the view.
The master bedroom is an oasis unto itself. Complete with ensuite bathroom with a soaker tub and a private walk-out deck overlooking the lake. The second bedroom on the main level has a semi- ensuite bathroom with the remaining two bedrooms located on the lower level, all warmly decorated in a combination of contrasting rich and pastel colors.
Rounding out the space on the lower level, looking out to the lake, is a colorful and inviting family room with a wood stove, granite countered u-shaped bar, bar stools and walk out to the deck. Slightly to the back is a separate laundry room, complete with front loading laundry equipment, sink, folding table and a second full-size fridge.
Head outside from the upper or lower decks, cross over the gently sloping lawn and continue on down to the water via a granite flagstone walkway. Arrive to a 20 ft x 25 ft granite flagstone patio with a circular lake-side in-ground fire pit before continuing on to the dock (definitely the spot to be at when the sun sets and marshmallows need to be roasted before settling in for the night!). The sandy shallow water entrance to the side of the dock is ideal for small children while the adults can relax on the spacious "T" shaped floating dock while keeping a close eye on them. With little boat traffic on this lake enjoy a casual swim out to the floating raft or take the canoe or paddleboat out for a quiet tour of the lake. And if all this quiet relaxation needs a little shake up, head into the historic town of Huntsville, a short 20 minutes away, for shopping, dining, entertainment and world class golf.
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; queen; lower level - queen; queen)
- fully equipped kitchen
- granite counters
- kitchen island with 3 stools
- dining room table with 8 chairs
- good phone reception
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level semi-ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- forced air electric heat
- ceiling fans
- front load washer/dryer (in lower level laundry room)
- full size fridge (in the lower level laundry room)
- bar with 4 stools (lower level)
- fireplace - main level (some wood available)
- wood stove - lower level (some wood available)
- 2 TV's
- DVD player with movie library
- WI-FI (limited data, no streaming or downloading)
- selection of books and magazines for adults and children
- large assortment of games and puzzles for guests of all ages
- screened-in Muskoka room
- deck (20 ft x 20 ft x 8ft)
- propane BBQ
- outdoor dining table with 8 chairs
- outdoor furniture (Muskoka chairs, chaise lounges, pop-up chairs)
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 125 ft water frontage
- small sandy entry
- floating T-shaped dock (10 ft x 30 ft, 10 ft x 20 ft)
- floating swim raft
- swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- badminton set
- lifejackets (various sizes)
- water source is drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO boat launch on the lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pet, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).