Welcome to the pristine waters of Doe Lake in the heart of Ontario cottage country! This new four bedroom, beautifully designed and quality built cottage, is perched above the lake offering stunning panoramic views of this tree lined waterfront.
As you step into the spacious open concept living/dining/kitchen area you will be greeted with spectacular lake views from a front wall with fifteen feet of windows. The fully equipped kitchen has a generous sized island with 4 comfy chairs for your friends and family to gather while preparing meals. The dining table is off to the side and facing out to the lake while the living area stretches across the length of the lake view windows and has a cozy woodstove for cooler summer and fall evenings. A large flat screen TV with satellite and DVD player is perfectly situated for everyone to enjoy a show or movie after a day in the sun.
Don’t like climbing stairs to bed? For sleeping there are 4 good sized bedrooms on the main floor, 3 offering gorgeous lake view’s and the fourth is tucked into the shaded back of the cottage for the teen who prefers to sleep in longer. The 3 lake facing bedrooms also have walk-outs to the deck with the master having its own deck and ensuite bathroom. For warm nights the great room and all 4 bedrooms have ceiling fans along with doors to the lakeside enabling a combination of cool lake breezes to the mix.
The finished lower level offers laundry equipment, a direct walk out to the lake and for entertainment there is a six foot billiard table for the pool sharks in the family.
Just outside the cottage entrance, tucked out of the onshore wind, is a dining and BBQ area with a gorgeous natural ten foot granite feature backdrop wall.
Down at the waterfront with 160 feet of shoreline, there is a bonfire area, a man made stone patio section with lounge chairs and umbrellas and a shallow pebbly entrance to the lake, ideal for the young ones. The long dock and floating platform with a swim ladder at the end, offers deep water access to the lake for refreshing swims.
With an abundance of non-motorized water toys be sure to venture out onto the lake for a paddle, and for avid boaters, if you rent or bring your own, Doe Lake is part of a three lake system connected to the Magnetawan River, with miles and miles of picturesque boating.
As your day comes to a close, enjoy spectacular sunsets from every vantage point along the waterfront and main level cottage lakeside decks and don’t forget to check out the hidden upper sunset deck perched at the top of the driveway!
- 4 bedrooms (king; king; queen; pull-out trundle into king)
- fully equipped kitchen
- bar fridge
- kitchen island with 4 barstools
- dining table with 6 +2 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- No Wi-Fi
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (shower) (master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (tub)
- washer and dryer (unfinished lower level)
- ceiling fans (in great room and the bedrooms)
- forced air propane heating
- wood stove (some wood available)
- TV/DVD player
- small library of DVD's
- board games and puzzles
- billiard table (unfinished lower level)
- deck off of master bedroom and living area (10ft. x 14ft.)
- deck off of 2 lakeside bedrooms and living area (6.5ft. x 25.5ft.)
- propane BBQ
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- outdoor furniture on upper decks (4 plastic chairs and 2 bistro tables)
- outdoor furniture on back entrance deck (patio dining table with umbrella and 8 chairs)
- outdoor furniture lakeside (2 bistro tables with 4 plastic chairs and 2 umbrellas,4 gravity chairs and 2 lounge chairs)
- outdoor furniture upper driveway deck (4 Muskoka chairs)
- dock (16 ft x 20 ft)
- 3 kayaks
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
Pet upon approval (no cats please), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Please note that there is a steep driveway going down to the cottage. Weekly rentals - check in 4pm and check out 10am. 5 night rentals - check in 6pm and checkout 6pm