Welcome to this wonderful four season, 1,600 sq. ft., 2 level, 3 bedroom cottage nestled on 3 acres of well-treed land on popular Kawagama Lake. The gated long private driveway, shared by only 3 other cottages, will be your first indication that you will be settling into a very relaxing family vacation, far from the distractions of city life!
Inside, you will find the cottage impeccable and pride of ownership obvious. Offering all that a larger cottage would have to enhance your cottage country experience and so much more. The main kitchen/living/dining area is open and spacious, yet warm and cozy. An abundance of windows offers beautiful tree top views of the lake with a walk-out to the same peaceful views from the large deck that runs the length of the cottage. Whether preparing meals, dining inside or outside or tucked in for a late afternoon read by the fireplace, you will have wonderful views of the lake. Rounding out the main floor is a 4-piece bathroom and a bedroom.
The upper level has 2 bedrooms and a 3-piece bathroom with the generous sized master bedroom with a skylight bringing in warm ambient light and faces out to the lake with a walk-out to a private deck to enjoy your morning coffee on while taking in expansive lake views.
There is just something so special about Kawagama Lake! The vantage point from the dock, in all directions, makes the lake seem endless. The 160 feet of waterfrontage is a combination of sand and smooth round stones with a shallow entry and swimming in this lake is a treat as the water is clear and silky. Take the canoe out for a paddle up East River or down Wolf Creek and for fishing enthusiasts, take the rowboat out and hook a bass or trout for dinner!
Kawagama Lake is the largest lake in Haliburton Highlands being over 12 kms. long and 4 kms. at its widest point, with over 83 miles of shoreline and inhabited islands and lots of bays to explore. You can boat from Kawagama Lake to Bear Lake and enjoy fabulous cliffs on Crown land and explore the adjacent water falls.
For a quick and easy day trip experience the charming and historic town of Dorset. It sits on the shores of Lake of Bays and has a wonderful waterfront restaurant, a park, ice cream parlours, cafes, quaint shops, an LCBO and tour the over 100 year old one family owned Robinsons General Store. A must visit is the famous Dorset Lookout Tower which stands at 465 feet and gives you an unimaginable and stunning 360 degree view of Lake of Bays. The historic town of Huntsville is about a 50 minute drive away where you can catch a movie on Main street, grab a steak or seafood dinner at "3 Guys and a Stove" or indulge in a massage at Deerhurst Resort.
Being a four season cottage you can go bicycling, hiking or running on roads and nearby trails in the spring/summer/fall and in winter you can snowshoe, cross country ski, ice fish and snowmobile, something for everyone!
End your days back at the cottage on the deck, start up the BBQ, grab your favourite beverage and let the haunting call of the loons serenade the close to your day!
- 3 bedrooms (main level - 2 singles; upper level - queen; queen)
- fully equipped kitchen
- gas stove
- bread maker
- extra small bar fridge
- extra full sized fridge (lower level - unfinished basement)
- telephone (local calls only)
- good cell reception
- dining room table with 6 chairs
- washer/dryer (lower level - unfinished basement)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- forced-air propane furnace
- central air-conditioning
- HVR air circulation system
- manual back-up generator
- fireplace (some wood available)
- TV/DVD (main level living room)
- TV/DVD (upper level master bedroom)
- wireless internet service (limited data, no streaming or downloading)
- ipod docking station
- speakers in living room, (unfinished) lower level and front deck
- ping pong table (lower level - unfinished basement)
- dart board (lower level - unfinished basement)
- dehumidifier (lower level - unfinished basement)
- master bedroom upper deck
- main deck (16ft. x 30ft.)
- propane BBQ (direct)
- outdoor furniture on main deck (4 Muskoka chairs, teak dining table with umbrella and 8 chairs)
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- metal bench at fire pit
- dock (10ft. x 18ft.)
- swim ladder
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is drilled well, purification and water softening system, potable
- boat launch on lake
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3= some)
- Please inquire if you are planning on bringing a boat - dock is suitable for a small tin boat only
Pet upon approval (sorry, no cats), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
CHECK IN TIME IS 3 PM and CHECK OUT TIME IS 10 AM
Please inquire if you are planning on bringing a boat