Welcome to this fantastic treasure trove in the heart of Ontario cottage country on pristine Kawagama Lake. Nestled on over an acre of treed land, on a beautiful point with 380 feet of waterfront, you have a multitude of choices to settle into and enjoy every moment of your well deserved vacation time. One large dock is tucked into a quiet bay, with shallow water, to one side of the cottage while the boat dock extends out into deep, large open water on the other side of the cottage. With 4 kayaks, a paddleboat and rowboat at your disposal, endless...
Welcome to this fantastic treasure trove in the heart of Ontario cottage country on pristine Kawagama Lake. Nestled on over an acre of treed land, on a beautiful point with 380 feet of waterfront, you have a multitude of choices to settle into and enjoy every moment of your well deserved vacation time. One large dock is tucked into a quiet bay, with shallow water, to one side of the cottage while the boat dock extends out into deep, large open water on the other side of the cottage. With 4 kayaks, a paddleboat and rowboat at your disposal, endless hours of paddling, fishing and exploring can be had by all in your family.
The interior of the cottage is a wonderful combination of old and new (recent addition) all while maintaining the “classic cabin in the woods” ambiance. The modern eat-in kitchen opens up to a living area, a single bedroom and a small screened-in Muskoka room. Various lake and forest views can be embraced from all.
Not only do you have two separate docks, but you have two separate screened-in Muskoka rooms. The large one faces the bay with a picnic table and two pull-out futons for anyone would like to catch a nap inside but still feel completely one with nature.
Rounding out the main level, towards the back of the cottage is a large bedroom and 3-piece bathroom and the upper level has four spacious, tastefully decorated bedrooms and a 4-piece bathroom.
For a quick and easy day trip experience the beautiful and historic town of Dorset. It sits on the shores of Lake of Bays and has a wonderful waterfront restaurant, ice cream parlours, cafes, little shops along with a large grocery store, an LCBO and a park. You need not go anywhere else for all your groceries and beverages. For an unimaginable 360 degree view of The Lake of Bays, you can climb the famous Dorset Lookout Tower which stands at 465 feet. There is also the enchanting Dorset Historic Museum and a Library offering yoga classes, kids craft sessions and fun-filled daily camps. Dorset also has a cozy pottery barn and cafe called Chetolah offering many handmade gifts and treats, and pottery classes for children.
For days spent entirely at the cottage, with a south west exposure, you will enjoy sun on the property from mid-morning til dusk. After a long and fulfilling day of fun, sun and water activities, wind down with a BBQ and end the day around the fire pit and watch the sky fill with a blanket of endless stars. Life is good!
- Shallow Entry
- Air Conditioning
- Outdoor Firepit
- Muskoka Room
- Boat Launch On Lake
- Stand Up Paddle Board(s)
• 4 upper level bedrooms (single; queen and double/double bunk bed)
• 2 main level bedrooms (king and single; queen; queen; double)
• 2 pull-out futon couches (Muskoka room)
• bring own towels and linens (king sheets will be supplied)
• 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level)
• 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
• good cell reception
• telephone (local calls only)
• Wi-Fi (unlimited)
• fully equipped kitchen
• water cooler
• regular drip coffee maker and Keurig
• 72" hand crafted pine dining room table
- with leaf extension
- seats 8+ with benches (replaced with table shown in photos)
• 1 - 50" TV (living room - main level)
• electric baseboard heating
• central air-conditioning
• ceiling fans
• books and games
• side screened-in Muskoka room with picnic table
• front smaller screened-in Muskoka room with 2 chairs
• propane BBQ
• pressed concrete stone patio area with fire pit and Muskoka chairs (some wood supplied)
• boathouse dock (8ft. x 30 ft.) [boat in photo not included]
• swim ladder
• NOTE: rented boats can be tied to larger side of dock (boat house not for use)
• 2nd dock (15ft. x 15ft.)
• swim ladder
• 4 kayaks
• 2 stand up paddleboards
• rowboat (not available after Sept 30)
• lifejackets (some, various sizes)
• water source is lake, not potable
• boat launch nearby
• privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3= some)
LocationView Area Map
About 2.5 hrs from the Toronto area, about 15 minutes from the charming village of Dorset, with grocery shopping at the famous Robinson's General Store, restaurants, ice cream, LCBO, gas station, and handicraft and furniture shops. The Algonquin Park Visitors' Center, walking trails, and gallery are about 50 minutes away and the historic town of Huntsville is about 45 minutes away with excellent dining, entertainment, shopping and world class golf courses.
"*" indicates required fields