This lovely 2,300 sq. ft., 2 level, 4 bedroom cottage is ideally located on the quiet south arm of the Muskoka River. The owner’s family have been in this area since the 1970’s, with 3 generations of family members building fond memories of years and years of friend and family gatherings and now hope that you too will have this opportunity.
The interior of the cottage is impeccably maintained and the soft ambient light throughout makes it warm and inviting. The main entrance has an enclosed foyer/mud room, perfect for leaving wet clothing and footwear, after a day out on the river, before entering the cottage. From there, step into the open concept kitchen/dining room with great views out to the river, making meal preparation and dining a scenic pleasure any time of day.
The living room and Muskoka room are just off of the kitchen/dining area and all 3 rooms have gas fireplaces (only livingroom has gas- other fireplaces are electric), making it cozy on cooler evenings whether playing cards, watching movies or just relaxing with a long overdue novel. The river-facing Muskoka room is always a bonus feature at any cottage as it can be enjoyed rain or shine without feeling like you are missing out on the great outdoors. A laundry room and 2-piece bathroom round out the main level.
The upper level has a large central hallway with a 4-piece bathroom and 4 spacious bedrooms. The river-facing master bedroom has its own 4-piece ensuite, complete with a soaker tub to retreat to after a long day of fun in the sun.
With 2 types of coffee makers to choose from, start your days with a cup of coffee, or two, out on the wrap-around deck, and soak up the beauty of your natural surroundings. The sun shines on the property most of the day to late evenings in the summer where you get both beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
Being off from the main river, there is minimal motorized boat traffic and the uninhibited island just across from the cottage keeps it more private with not many people exploring the area. However you will get visits from ducks, loons, otters and the occasional deer!
For a change of pace, the owners like to treat themselves every now and then by heading into Bracebridge to go to the Burger Shop/Ice Cream Shoppe. The burgers are made form fresh “never frozen” hamburger and cooked to your request while the attached Ice Cream Shoppe sells a large variety of flavours, if you have room for one after your burger!
However you choose to spend your days, no cottage day is complete without ending your nights around the fire bowl, roasting marshmallows and planning for your next day’s adventure.
- 4 bedrooms all on upper level (4 queen size beds)
- NOTE: crib in photos is not available
- fully equipped kitchen
- 2 fridges with top freezers
- toaster oven
- standard drip coffee maker and kettle
- Keurig coffee machine (bring own pods)
- 4 bar stools at kitchen counter
- dining table with 6 chairs (2 extra chairs if needed)
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1- 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (upper level - master bedroom ensuite with jacuzzi tub)
- washer/dryer (main level laundry room)
- electric fireplace (dining room)
- gas fireplace (living room)
- electric fireplace (Muskoka room)
- electric fireplace (upper level hallway)
- air conditioning
- 48" TV (living room)
- DVD/Blu-ray player (living room)
- 32" TV (master bedroom)
- DVD player (master bedroom)
- Wi-Fi (85gb per week available)
- Muskoka room with 5 chairs and bench and electric fireplace
- wrap-around deck (12ft. x 40ft. and 8ft. x 16ft.)
- gazebo on side deck(8ft. x 8ft.) - not currently shown in photos
- patio dining table with umbrella and 6 + 4 chairs on deck
- propane BBQ
- fire bowl (bring own wood)
- 4 chairs at the fire bowl
- dock (4ft. x 16ft.)
- NO swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (3 adult size, 3 teen size)
- water source is drilled well, not potable (1-15L bottle of water will be supplied and can be refilled in town)
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- no public boat launch on the Muskoka River but there is a shared private boat launch shared with adjoining property
- **New Large L-shaped Deck built 2022.
- Mandatory Cleaning service of $150 plus HST will be added to your bill (cottage needs to be left neat & tidy and all garbage & recycling removed)
Pet upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 11 am
Mandatory Cleaning service of $150 plus HST will be added to your bill (cottage needs to be left neat & tidy and all garbage & recycling removed)