Welcome to this lovely, 2,600 sq. ft., 2 level, 4 bedroom cottage, nestled on 2 acres of well-treed land on the tranquil shores of Clark Lake. The owners recently purchased the cottage and fell in love with the property as it provided quiet privacy for much needed family time away from the city, while still being conveniently close to the charming and historic town of Huntsville.
The interior of the cottage has a unique flow on both levels with gorgeous newly renovated hardwood flooring throughout. The main level is split by the staircase going to the upper level and to one side is an open concept kitchen/dining area, complete with a wood-burning fireplace and to the other side is an entertainment room, den and a 3-piece bathroom. Both sides have beautiful french doors leading out to a stunning lake-facing screened-in Muskoka room that expands across the entire width of the cottage offering amazing lake views from a wall of floor to ceiling windows. There is a large dining table at one end, a cozy reading corner with a propane fireplace at the other end and a ping pong table in-between, so needless to say, this will most likely be the family's favourite gathering space for dining and entertainment. The wonderful bonus of having a screened-in Muskoka room at a cottage is that even on inclement days, you can curl up with a good book or enjoy after-dinner drinks while still feeling one with nature.
The upper level has a 4-piece bathroom and 4 bedrooms, with 2 having beautiful lake views and direct walkouts to the semi-wrap-around upper deck. The master bedroom is one of these lake-facing bedrooms and also has its own 4-piece ensuite bathroom and a large alcove, the perfect spot for morning yoga.
With 3 decks to enjoy your morning coffee/tea on, it will be hard to choose which one to start your days with! Throughout the rest of the day, the expansive main deck has plenty of space for the whole family to spread out and relax on, catching rays, reading a long overdue novel or enjoying meals, all while taking in peaceful views out to the lake which is just feet away. The property itself has so much to offer, catering to all ages in the family, having plenty of level land to play catch or tag or toss a frisbee, and an abundance of trees providing shade to cool off under.
A short set of gorgeous granite stairs takes you down to the large dock and 175 feet of shallow sandy waterfront, great for both young and old alike as the younger children can safely splash and play while the parents and/or grandparents stay refreshed wading in the lake or sitting on the dock while keeping an eye out for the kids. The lake offers all day fun with great swimming and fishing right off the dock and to explore further, take the kayak and canoe out for a paddle, especially in the morning when the water is at its calmest. For land exercise enthusiasts, enjoy biking and hiking literally from the back door!
For short day trips, the area has much to offer. The historic town of Huntsville is 15-20 minutes away by car, with quaint shops to explore on Main Street and a wide selection of cafes and restaurants to choose from. Arrowhead Provincial Park is just minutes from the downtown area offering hiking trails and water activities in the summer and ice skating and cross-country skiing in the winter. For longer day trips, Algonquin Park is just a 40-45 minute drive away from the cottage. And in autumn, be mesmerized by the fantastic beauty of the changing colour of the leaves everywhere!
But one of the owner's favourite parts of the day is back at the cottage after a fabulous BBQ dinner on the deck, singing and relaxing in front of the fire pit as the sky fills with a blanket of stars, cottage life at its best!
- 4 bedrooms (upper level - queen; queen; queen; queen)
- fully equipped kitchen
- keurig coffee maker (bring own pods)
- dining table with 4 chairs
- dining table with 6 chairs (Muskoka room)
- NO telephone
- good cell reception
- 1- 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (upper level master bedroom ensuite)
- washer/dryer (closet - currently not shown in photos)
- electric baseboard heating
- automatic back-up generator
- ceiling fans (entertainment room, Muskoka room and in 3 upper level bedrooms)
- fireplace (dining room - some wood available)
- propane fireplace (Muskoka room)
- electric fireplace (entertainment room)
- 60" TV (entertainment room)
- Xbox 360
- NO satellite
- Unlimited Internet
- screened-in Muskoka room
- wicker couch and 2 wicker chairs with cushions in the screened-in Muskoka room
- ping pong table in the screened-in Muskoka room
- main deck (10ft. x 36ft.)
- teak dining table with 6 chairs and umbrella and 5 Muskoka chairs on deck
- propane BBQ
- semi-wrap-around upper deck (9ft. x 40ft. and 6ft. x 34ft.)
- 2 plastic Muskoka chairs on semi-wrap-around upper deck
- covered entrance deck (7ft. x 14ft.)
- 2 wrought iron chairs on covered deck
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 3 benches and 4 plastic Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- dock (8ft. x 8ft. and 8ft. x 12ft. and 8ft. x 15ft.)
- 2 plastic Muskoka chairs on dock
- NO swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- adult life jackets (some, various sizes)
- water source drilled well, filtered, not potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- No public boat launch on the lake
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself. You are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling.
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred. Noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself. You are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling.