This fabulous property is located in a safe and quiet bay at the southern tip of a 3-chain lake system called Gibson Lake. (Little Gibson, North Gibson and South Gibson Lake). It is a very easy to drive to this amazing oasis, as the cottage is located on a municipal paved road, directly off of HWY 400, approximately 1.5 hours north of Toronto and just 45 minutes north of Barrie.
Driving down the long meandering driveway you will ﬁnd a large circular driveway welcoming you right to the cottage door. The property is on 2 acres of forested land on 3 sides and across the lake is crown land with a view of ancient granite outcroppings and pristine forests. A large 1500 square foot deck wraps around the entire cottage and brings you to the front door.
This up scale 4,800 sq. ft. cottage features 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms (all newly renovated in 2020) and sleeps 10. The main ﬂoor of this beautiful cottage features an open concept design. The substantial great room has soaring 2 story ceilings and was designed to be ﬁlled with light throughout the day. The great room features a stunning 2 story, solid stone wood-burning ﬁreplace, satellite TV, and direct stunning lake views. The large eat in kitchen has a dishwasher, build in wall ovens, stainless steel appliances, and a huge eating area featuring a harvest table with seating for 10. The eating area boasts ﬂoor to ceiling windows offering a fabulous lake view during every meal. A BBQ area is conveniently located just off the kitchen through a garden door, under a cozy covered porch with pot lighting, ensuring you can BBQ easily after sunset or on a rainy day. The front door opens into a generous mudroom with lots of storage.
The main level also features a huge master bedroom retreat characterized by a wall of windows facing the lake. It also has a large walk-in closet, king size bed, reading nook with a comfortable lounger and a 4 piece ensuite bath which offers a separate shower and soaker tub which is surrounded by windows. The main ﬂoor also features 2 other bedrooms: the bunk room which sleeps 4, and the “green room”, a guest room with late patio doors opening to the wrap around deck and lake views from the comfortable queen size bed. A full bathroom located between these 2 bedrooms completes the main ﬂoor.
Take the stairs down to the walkout lower level. Here is where the games room is located along with another substantial guest suite which sleeps 4. In the lower guest room a wall of windows offers a peaceful and up-close lake view. In this guest suite, a queen size bed sleeps
2 and a single bed with trundle sleeps another 2 people. The lower guest room also has its own ensuite bathroom, offering the utmost privacy and comfort for those staying in this suite.
The walkout lower level is kept cozy by a wood stove, and also features a big screen TV with surround sound, a full size professional snooker/pool table, and a sauna room with a 10 person sauna and shower.
Off the main deck is a large screened in gazebo/Muskoka room nestled amongst the trees and strung with party lights, great for playing cards at night or lounging on rainy days. The large deck, stretching across the entire length of the cottage, overlooks the bay, a perfect spot for al fresco dining or morning coffee.
Outside down by the shore is a large ﬁre pit area, with lots of seating. Nearby, a large ﬂat grassy shaded lawn area perfect for yard games like washer toss, bocce ball and badminton (all provided). At the bottom of the deck stairs you will ﬁnd a large sunny sandy beach with soft inviting play sand. Gradual entry into the water makes it safe and easy for swimming. A wooden dock just off the beach is great for ﬁshing for lake bass and viewing the sunset overlooking the bay. Anchored off shore is a large “lily pad” swim mat that can hold up 12 people that provides hours of swimming fun for kids and adults. A naturalized beach area at the far edge of the property is ﬁlled with lily pads and reeds and provides a chance to explore the homes of frogs, ﬁsh and turtles. A river (Gibson River) opens into the lake right in the bay and contains some beautiful and unique endangered ﬂora and fauna not found anywhere else in Muskoka, and has been declared conservation lands due to these endangered species, perfect for exploring via paddle boat or canoe.
Also several trail heads at the top of the cottage driveway open to over 200km of clearly marked and well maintained hiking and ATV trails through majestic Muskoka forest. In the centre of South Gibson Lake is Picnic Island. A small picturesque island of crown land and is the site of many lake organized celebrations, including an annual lake picnic and free ﬁreworks each summer long weekend. The island makes a good spot to paddle to for a picnic and even has its own outhouse and ﬁre pit, all are welcome. For more adventurous canoers, canoes can be paddled all the way out to Georgian Bay from this lake. If you’re a thrill seeker, paddle down the lake to the famous jumping rock and try cliff diving! For team fun activities, there is a baseball diamond and volleyball court available to the public located down from the cottage road at the landing.
This cottage is a 15 minute drive north to the quaint town of Bala. This classic Muskoka town has a grocery store, LCBO, butcher, as well as restaurants and shopping. It is also a 15 minute drive south to Port Severn, where the opening of the Trent-Severn waterway is located. The town of Port Severn offers groceries, restaurants, LCBO and shopping and ice cream and coffee shops and the famous DAM Grill, a fabulous restaurant.
- 4 bedrooms (main level - king; queen; 2 single/single bunk beds; lower level - queen and trundlle bed with 2 singles)
- blankets/pillows - No Sheets or towels provided
- fully equipped kitchen
- water cooler (bring own 18L bottle)
- dining room table 8+2 chairs
- breakfast bar with 2 bar stools
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level - master bedroom ensuite with heated floors)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (not shown in photos)
- forced-air propane heating
- centrail air conditioning
- central vacuum
- ceiling fans
- fireplace in main level living room (bring own wood)
- gas woodstove in lower level family room
- 36"TV/DVD/VCR (in main level living room)
- 60"TV/DVD/VCR (in lower level family room)
- WiFi (25 GB /week. There is a charge of $10/GB for anything over the alloted amount)
- snooker/pool table in lower level family room
- sauna (lower level)
- books, boards games and cards
- large DVD collection
- 1,500 sq. ft. deck (semi-wrap around)
- new wrought iron outdoor dining table with 8 chairs (not currently shown in photos)
- new outdoor living room on the deck with a couch, love seat, 2 large chairs and a coffee table over an outdoor carpet (not currently shown in photos)
- propane BBQ
- screened-in gazebo/Muskoka room off of deck (with power)
- 2 couches and 2 chairs in gazebo
- outdoor fire pit (bring own wood)
- picnic table with umbrella at fire pit
- 8 plastic chairs at fire pit
- 2 lounge chairs near fire pit
- dock (8ft. x 35ft.) (motor boat shown in photos is not available for use)
- swim ladder
- 2 Muskoka chairs and table on the dock
- large beach area by dock
- 6 Muskoka chairs at beach area
- washer toss
- bocce ball
- regulation basket ball and basket ball net
- lily pad
- 3 kayaks
- 2 paddle boards
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source lake, 3 stage filter, not potable (may be used for cooking)
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
One small pet on approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).