Welcome to Sherwood Forest (Road that is!) while you probably won't run into Robin Hood or his Merry Men, you may meet curious red squirrels or chipmunks that frequently visit the cottage!
Recently completely renovated, this 1,000+ sq. ft., 3 bedroom cottage was meticulously and superbly designed to feature a clean modern interior softened by warm wooden and natural accents and décor.
The open concept kitchen/dining/living room is spacious and inviting with a state-of-the-art kitchen complete with an induction cooktop and a separate convection oven. The owners have made such great use of space by placing the stackable washer/dryer in a closet in the kitchen and the screened-in Muskoka room is on the wrap-around deck, leaving the main living space roomy yet cozy for all family gatherings, while taking in soothing views of the river from an abundance of floor to ceiling windows.
Each and every room is tastefully and comfortably designed with the 3 well-appointed bedrooms tucked into the shaded back of the cottage, lending to a great night’s sleep.
Start your mornings with your coffee or tea, either on the large wrap-around raised deck or on the large floating dock with 114 feet of waterfront, and immerse yourself in nature’s beauty as wildlife on the river gently awakens. Early morning paddles are the best as the current is calm and swimming is excellent as the water access is in a small bay with a shallow and even drop off the shore. At this south end of the Muskoka River, there are a number of small waterfall cascades and May Chute is close enough that you can listen to the waterfall while relaxing on the dock, magical!
For a change of pace, head into nearby Bracebridge and Gravenhurst or venture a little further to the historic town of Huntsville and for longer day trips, head to Arrowhead or Algonquin Park.
Once back at the cottage enjoy a BBQ dinner on the deck, relax with after dinner beverages in the screened-in Muskoka room and listen to the breeze flow through the nearby pines and end your nights around the fire pit in comfy Muskoka chairs taking in the breath-taking amount of stars in the night’s sky. What more could you ask for?!
- 3 bedrooms (queen; queen; single/single bunk bed with single trundle)
- bring own sheets
- pack and play and one bed rail and a booster chair are available upon request
- fully equipped kitchen
- induction cooktop
- separate convection oven
- standard drip coffee maker and kettle
- Nespresso coffee machine (bring own original smallpods)
- water cooler (bring own 18L bottles)
- additional small beverage fridge
- 2 bar stools at kitchen counter
- dining table with 6 chairs
- internet phone
- cell phone reception (best with Bell)
- 1- 3 piece bathroom
- portable electric heater
- portable air-conditioner in the great room
- 40" TV
- DVD player
- Blu-ray player
- large DVD/Blu-ray library
- boardgames and books
- Wi-Fi (4G/LTE, data capped at 10 GB per week, additional charges of $10/GB will be applied over 10GB, No streaming or downloading)
- screened-in Muskoka room on deck with large sectional couch and swing chair
- wrap-around deck (5ft. x 24ft. and 12ft. x 24ft.)
- patio dining table with umbrella and 4 chairs on deck
- outdoor play area with childrens slide - off deck, swing, climbing structure and playhouse
- propane BBQ (direct connect)
- fire pit (bring own wood)
- 4 Muskoka chairs at the fire pit
- brand new dock (4ft. x 16ft. and 10ft. x 16ft.)
- 2 muskoka chairs on dock
- swim ladder
- 2 kayaks and kayak launch
- lifejackets (2 adult)
- water source is river, reverse osmosis, potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- no boat launch on the Muskoka River
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am