There is nothing better in cottage country than having property on a point of land with multiple exposures! This cozy 3 bedroom cottage, bunkie and recreation/garage, located on tranquil Neighick Lake, is perfect for a small family to enjoy, with 1.7 acres of land and 1500 ft. of waterfrontage.
The owner has recently renovated the open concept dining/living room and 3 bedrooms making use of every inch of its 800 sq. ft., offering all the comforts of home. The contrasting tongue and groove pine-beamed vaulted ceilings with whitewashed pine floors and walls, along with tastefully appointed furnishings throughout, make for a very warm and inviting retreat from city life.
The main living area faces out to the lake with an abundance of large picture windows bringing in warm ambient light while offering beautiful tree-top views of the lake. The master bedroom has a queen sized bed and is just tucked in off of the dining/living room and the 2 bunk bedrooms are down a small hall from the dining/living room, across from each other, making it great for the kids. The compact kitchen and 3-piece bathroom are to the back of the cottage.
There is a spacious deck off of the kitchen with a large harvest dining table, perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner on beautiful spring, summer and fall days. There are 2 additional small decks off of the front and side of the cottage, great spots for early morning coffee or an afternoon glass of wine. Looking out to the lake, are shaded nooks with benches for reading and relaxing and additional fun outdoor space is located close to the cottage with a BBQ, bar fridge, bar stool seating and counter and even an outdoor pool table!
There are so many places to spread out and enjoy at this amazing property!
Early in the morning head down to the expansive new dock in the front of the cottage at the point, and watch the mist rise off the water as another day in paradise begins! The quiet bay to one side of the cottage is great for calm morning paddles along the scenic rocky shores, and then spectacular large open water to the front and other side of the point of land is best explored by boat. If you rent or bring a boat you will experience over 40 glorious miles of boating and fishing throughout the lakes of Ahmic and Cecebe.
There is a second dock to the side of the cottage with a swim ladder making for easing access in and out of the lake for refreshing swims. A picnic table is set at the very point between the outdoor kitchen and a granite rock edge with the best views of the lake while catching the last bit of sunshine at sunset.
Looking out to the lake, are shaded nooks with benches for reading and relaxing and additional fun outdoor space is located close to the cottage with a BBQ, bar fridge, bar stool seating and counter and even an outdoor pool table!
On rainy days, settle into the recreation/garage, at the bottom of the driveway, with a Bowflex home gym and free weights for a great workout. Then grab some refreshments from the full sized refrigerator and sit at the dry bar on the bar stools or enjoy a light lunch at the dining table. There is even a day bed for afternoon naps, it is an antique from the 1800's purchased at ABC furniture in Manhattan, and to add to this eclectic assortment of furnishings and decor accents is an authentic antler chandelier poised over an oversized wicker sectional.
For short day trips head into the historic and picturesque village of Magnetawan. It boasts the oldest, manually operating Lock System in Ontario which connects Ahmic Lake to Lake Cecebe, waterfalls, Canadian Shield, plus the famous Church on the Rock, painted by Casson of the Group of Seven. Fitness buffs can explore the Dam Trail and the Cornelia Levering Trail for hiking and golfers can boat or drive to the 9 hole course at Ahmic Lake Golf Club.
However you spend your days, head back to the cottage for a delicious BBQ dinner out on the deck, enjoy after dinner drinks on the dock, then gather around the fire pit, roasting marshmallows while planning for your next days adventures!
- 3 bedrooms in cottage (queen; double over queen bunk beds; double over queen bunk beds)
- bunkie (single bed in the loft section)
- fully equipped kitchen (new appliances in kitchen, not currently shown in photos)
- keurig coffee maker (bring own pods)
- NO dishwasher
- water cooler (bring own 18L bottle)
- dining table with 4+2 chairs
- 2 bar stools
- NO telephone
- some cell phone reception (limited at times)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom
- washer/dryer (not currently shown in photos)
- electric fireplace (in living room)
- ceiling fan (in kitchen)
- 3 floor fans
- large curved smart TV (in living room)
- NO satellite
- NO Wi-Fi
- treadmill (main cottage)
- 2 small side decks (8ft. x 8ft.)
- 2 chairs on each small deck
- main deck (12ft. x 15ft.)
- patio dining table with 8 chairs and stand-up umbrella on main deck
- propane BBQ with bar fridge and outdoor counter with 3 bar stools
- outdoor pool table
- picnic table
- outdoor benches
- 2nd fridge, dry bar with 8 bar stools, dining table with 6 chairs, Bowflex home gym, free weights and day bed in recreation/garage
- out fire pit (bring own wood)
- 4 Muskoka chairs, wicker swing chair and 2 recliners at fire pit
- long new main dock (at point in front of cottage)
- 2nd dock (side of cottage)
- swim ladder
- 2 recliners on 2nd dock
- 3rd dock (not shown in photos, near recreation/garage)
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is drilled well, not potable
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- boat launch on the lake
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water (bring own 18L bottle), noise restriction after 11 PM.