An extraordinary opportunity for those seeking privacy, offering 1000 ft of waterfront on the tranquil Foote Lake. Nestled on 70 acres, with many trails, you can explore the nostalgic maple syrup farm and take in all that Ontario cottage country has to offer. Perfect for the bigger families, with the main cottage of 700 sq. ft and a 600 sq. ft bunkie
The current owners wanted to turn the rustic cabin into a retreat. They chose fun eclectic décor to create a romantic ambiance, from the king-sized bed in the loft bedroom to the baroque antique dining table for two, sprinkled with strings of interior and exterior soft lighting. But they also wanted to supply all the modern conveniences of home, so they purchased all new high end brands in the apartment sized kitchen appliances, a top of the line combo washer/dryer and a 50” flat screen TV for movie watching after dinner in front of the propane fireplace. The 2 bedroom bunkie, located right near the waterfront has a sitting area, small kitchenette and outhouse nearby.
But it is the GREAT outdoors that is the pièce de résistance at this property. With 70 acres of private land, you can even let your family pet outdoors, unleashed, never having to worry about cars or disturbing neighbours. Enjoy endless private trails for walking and exploring while taking in all of nature’s beauty including an abundance of tame wildlife.
A short walk down from the cottage, on your own private country road, is an expansive cleared opening out to the lake complete with a large dock, lakeside deck and a stretch of shallow sandy entrance at the water’s edge. For avid anglers, the fishing here is great and with a canoe and kayaks at your disposal, be sure to get out onto the water and explore the lake.
For a short day trip, head into Huntsville for casual and fine dining with unique shops or visit the famous Screaming Head’s attraction just outside of Burk’s Falls.
Whether you spend your days on the water or exploring the towns/villages and surrounding landmarks, end your days with a BBQ dinner back at the cottage, dine outdoors on either the front or back patio and then roast marshmallows at the fire pit, listening to the haunting call of the loons as the sky fills up with endless stars. Life is good!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PROPERTY SURROUNDING THIS COTTAGE IS LEFT NATURAL AND THE GRASS IS NOT CUT
- 2 bedrooms (main level - 2 singles; loft - king)
- fully equipped kitchen
- apartment size fridge/freezer
- apartment size gas range
- apartment size dishwasher (Bosch)
- drip coffee maker
- dining room table with 4 chairs
- telephone (local calls only)
- some cell reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level off of kitchen)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- combo washer/dryer machine
- electric base-board heating
- propane fireplace (living room)
- central air conditioning
- 50" TV (living room)
- DVD player
- limited Wi-Fi (85 GB/wk.)
- front screened-in (open on top) deck (14ft. x 22ft.)
- propane BBQ
- dining table with umbrella and 7 chairs and sectional couch with 2 chairs on front screened-in deck
- dining table and 2 chairs on back screened-in deck
- basketball hoop with balls
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 7 chairs at fire pit
- dock (4ft. x 8ft. and 8ft. x 14ft.)
- 4 Muskoka chairs on dock
- lakeside screened-in (open on top) deck (8ft. x 8ft.)
- 2 lounge chairs on lakeside screened-in deck
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (4, various adult sizes)
- water source is drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 1 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO motorboats or seadoos permitted at this cottage property
- 2 bedrooms ( queen; single)
- small kitchenette with fridge
- table and 4 chairs
- sitting room with couch and TV
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $175 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet upon approval of owner (no cats please), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 7, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Please note - No motorboats or seadoos permitted at this cottage property
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $175 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Check in 4 pm and check out 11 am