Beautifully one of a kind, this 6,800 square foot luxury log chalet nestled in the Canadian Shield on Lake Manitouwabing in picturesque Ontario cottage country, is located just 2 hours north of Torontot. It is perfect for a romantic getaway or a family gathering.
This remarkable custom masterpiece took almost 10 years to build and furnish to the highest standards of quality and design. Millions invested. Each room encompasses a theme of the Canadian north, in incredible artistic detail. Needs to be seen to be believed.
The entrance to the cottage is a comfortably furnished screened in porch in the summer. At the rear, you will find a two level massive wrap around deck. Lighted stairs down to the boathouse for evening swims. The 1500 square foot boathouse has an upper deck that is furnished with luxury lounge chairs and 12 seat dining table with full canopy. A gate provides access to the water from the top of the boathouse. Stairs to the lower level of the boathouse lead onto a landing and from there you can go into the boathouse or onto the docks on either side. The water is approximately 20 feet deep off the end of the boathouse.
The Great Room is the perfect room for relaxing, reading and quiet reflection. It is adjacent to the dining room, and the centerpiece of the room is a twenty foot high stone fireplace and the rotunda ceiling is beautifully designed in log and pine. The custom furniture adds to the delight. Enjoy a roaring fire or the beautiful views from several picture windows! The dining room has a massive granite dining table, seating for 14 or more people, and is lit by either electric or candle light from the magnificent custom designed cast iron chandelier that spans almost the entire table. The 14 chairs are covered in custom fitted leather hides.
The complete gourmet kitchen has all the appliances and amenities. It is masterfully designed and pays attention to the flow of traffic, making cooking and cleaning easy. It is fully loaded with top of the line appliances. The built in island and seating area is ideal for relaxing breakfasts or a quick snack. There is also a wet bar with a wine fridge. Sliding glass doors onto upper wrap around deck offer an excellent view of the lake. There is a propane gas barbecue and a second upper outdoor dining patio set (barbecue hooked directly to the main line, no need to ever worry about running out).
The master bedroom features a uniquely designed canadian shield themed bathroom with a two person Jacuzzi and a dual sided gas fireplace for you to enjoy the warmth while in the bath or in the king size bed. There are two bunk rooms and each of these double, extra length mahogany bunks was designed to allow for maximum comfort and privacy. A reading light in each bunk enables one person to read and another to sleep without being disturbed. There are four bunks in each room. These dorms are also each equipped with a separate stand alone queen-sized bed to maximize sleeping space. (10 beds in total in these two rooms). Each of these dorms have been themed as a log room and as a paddle room with the furniture being constructed entirely from these materials. Beds and chairs made from logs and paddles. A truly unique experience. Dorms share a bathroom patterned after the master bedroom bath, made to look like the canadian shield and is equipped with a double person jacuzzi and shower. A third themed bedroom, made to look like a middle eastern sultan's tent is on the lower level with a king size bed has sliding glass doors that lead onto the lower wrap around deck.
The exceptional home theatre room features a stone fireplace that almost rivals the great room. You can enjoy a hot blazing fire while enjoying one of the several activities. If television is not your thing, relax with one of the hundreds of books from the fully stocked shelves. You could also play snooker or pool on the 4' x 8' billiards table. Whatever you choose, this room makes those nights at the cottage as special as the days spent outside on the water.
The loft has a panoramic view of the lake and surrounding area and has a quiet seating area. The laundry room is located on the lower level and includes washer and gas dryer. A full size fridge is located near the recreation room for extra storage.
There is a 1,500 square foot boat house which has a 22 foot slip accommodating an 18 - 20 foot boat. The lower dock has 2 new 5 step swim ladders for easy access. A marina with a small convenience store (and ice cream for the kids) is 8 minutes from the cottage, and boat launching is available for a small fee. The cottage is 50 feet from the water. The fishing is excellent - Bass, Northern Pike, Walleye, Lake Trout. There is a 9-hole golf course 10 minutes away (very inexpensive and with incredible views and tons of available tee-times). You are within 20 minutes of the 30,000 Island cruise, Museum Festival of the Sound, Rainbow Theatre, Restaurants, Shopping.
- 6 bedrooms
- Bedroom #1 - master bedroom with king bed and 3 pc bath
- Bedroom #2 - king bed
- Bedroom #3 - king bed with patio doors leading out onto the deck
- Bedroom #4 - loft has 2 double beds
- Bedroom #5 - bunk room has 4 custom mahogany bunks that are double size and also has a stand along queen size bed (5 beds total in this bunk room)
- Bedroom #6 - bunk room has 4 custom mahogany bunks that are double size and also has a stand alone queen size bed (5 beds total in this bunk room)
- fully equipped gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops surrounded by logs and high-end custom kitchen
- separate wine/beverage fridge
- gas stove
- wall mounted stainless oven
- second fridge/freezer near the home theatre room
- Bosch dishwasher
- wet bar
- 14 seated massive granite dining table.
- excellent cell phone/data reception
- 1 4-piece bathroom
- 1 2-piece bathroom
- 1 3-piece ensuite
- large washing machine
- large gas-fired clothes dryer
- pillows provided
- bring own bed sheets, pillow cases, blankets, comforters/bedspreads
- forced air propane heating
- NO air-conditioning
- NO automatic back-up generator
- 20 ft high massive stone fireplace in the Great Room ( bring own wood, not available for use during the summer)
- 2nd 12 ft high stone fireplace in the home theatre room (bring own wood, not available for use during the summer)
- 3rd fireplace in master bedroom (gas and not available for use during the summer)
- 4th fireplace in master ensuite bathroom ( gas and not available for use during the summer)
- 2 person Jacuzzi tub in ensuite
- Satellite dish (basic channels)
- DVD player (bring your own DVD's)
- NO Wi-Fi
- ipod docking station
- new 4' x 8' billiards table
- large screened-in porch
- firepit ( bring own wood)
- propane BBQ connected to house
- high end patio furniture including multiple outdoor dining areas under custom canopy.
- outdoor dining on the dock under canopy for 12
- large 1,500 sq. boathouse with upper deck with docks on either side
- 2 paddle boards
- bring your own lifejackets
- rock climbing wall (use at own risk)
- water source is well - not potable
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets permitted, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 14, bring own bed sheets, pillowcases, blankets and comforters or bedspreads and towels, noise restriction after 11 p.m.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
NOTE: Mandatory cleaning fee of $350 plus HST will be added to your rental.