Welcome to this lovely newly built 1,700 sq. ft. cottage and lakeside Bunkie located on 5.5 acres of land on the peaceful shores of Bastedo Lake.
Bastedo Lake is a small and intimate lake with only a dozen cottages along the shoreline, offering great privacy in very tranquil surroundings. Only 10 minutes from the village of Bala, 20 minutes from the town of Gravenhurst and 40 minutes from the town of Bracebridge, this is a great opportunity to vacation in the heart of Muskoka and avoid the busyness of the larger Muskoka Lakes while being close to four season activities in the popular surrounding Muskoka villages and towns.
The cottage was hand built by the owner and shows so much character with the combination of materials in the build complimented with the choice of eclectic interior décor and accents.
The open concept living/dining/kitchen all face out to the lake and with the soaring cathedral ceiling in the main living area rising up to the 2nd level bedrooms and bathroom, this comfortable family gathering space feels both spacious and cozy at the same time. The living room woodstove is show cased in a gorgeous floor to ceiling stone alcove, providing both heat and ambiance to the entire cottage.
The modern and well laid out kitchen is designed to cater to the chef in the family as well as the various different ages of family members, choosing different and inviting seating areas. Some can help sous chef meals at the kitchen island with bar stools, others can enjoy early morning coffees or afternoon snacks at the breakfast bar in the front window alcove and all can dine indoors or outdoors at a variety of chosen tables, all with great views out to the lake!
Rounding out the main level is a den, complete with a 2nd 60” TV, a laundry room and a 2nd spacious bathroom.
The lakeside Bunkie is a great private getaway for the tweens in the family with a double futon for afternoon naps or overnight sleeps. A coffee maker and kettle and cabinet of dishes makes it self sufficient for early morning beverages on its own deck without heading into the cottage and waking people up!
The property itself offers something for everyone. The large level grass yard is great for the kids to play all sorts of back to nature games and give the handheld devices a rest! At the waterfront there is a sandy beach area for the young ones to build sandcastles and the shallow entry into the lake is great for both young and old alike.
Head out for day trips and explore the area and enjoy Muskoka with all its quaint splendors. Take a Muskoka steam ship cruise from the Gravenhurst wharf, check out Johnston's Cranberry Marsh & Muskoka Lakes Winery in Bala or visit Santa’s Village in Bracebridge. For a change of pace on one of your nights, take a step back in time and go to the drive-in movies in Gravenhurst!
So much to do, you will never get bored if you bring the family to Zoe’s Playground!
- Main Cottage
- 3 bedrooms (main floor - queen, upper level - king; queen)
- king sheets will be provided
- double pullout couch in great room
- fully equipped kitchen
- water cooler (18L bottle will be provided)
- kitchen island with gas stove and 2 bar stools
- separate electric oven
- breakfast bar with 4 chairs
- dining room table with 4 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (bathtub) (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (shower) (upper level)
- washer/dryer (laundry room)
- ceiling fan (living room)
- automatic back-up generator
- forced-air propane furnace
- wood stove - living room (some wood supplied)
- 60"TV (living room)
- Xbox with games (machine also plays DVD)
- DVD player
- NO Wi-Fi
- propane BBQ (direct)
- outdoor furniture (patio dining table with 4 chairs)
- Bunkie (not available from Oct 1-May 1)
- double fouton
- wood stove (not available for use)
- coffee maker
- bunkie deck
- outdoor furniture (4 folding canvas chairs)
- Surrounding Grounds
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- fenced in area for dogs
- screened gazebo with picnic table
- dock (8ft. x 30ft.)
- swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is lake, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO public boat launch on lake (there is a boat launch for larger lake across the country road at Marina)
Pet upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 3 pm and check out 11 am