Welcome to Wagon Wheel Bay located on beautiful Horseshoe Lake just 25 minutes south of Parry Sound and 20 minutes west of the quaint village of Rosseau. This pristine 1,300 sq. ft. 3 bedroom new cottage was constructed in 2016, located on the site where the original cabin was built in 1966.
Drive right to the door with loads of parking either down near the cottage or up top on the four plus acres of back lot with an abundance of space for the kids to explore.
The interior decor of the cottage is a wonderful combination of cottage comfort chic in the main living areas and Laura Ashley warmth in the bedrooms. The large open concept kitchen/dining/living room has gorgeous white wood painted cathedral ceilings, beautiful wood floors, a wall of windows with fabulous views of the lake and a stunning floor to ceiling stone fireplace to snuggle in front of during those cooler evenings. The kitchen is a chefs haven with all new appliances complete with a large kitchen island with a sink to share meal preparations and extra eating space.
Two comfortable bedrooms are tucked into the back of the cottage and the master bedroom is lake facing with its own private deck and waterfront views. With all brand new beds and cozy bedding, a restful night’s sleep is a guarantee.
With all the entertainment amenities of home, enjoy satellite TV and even music in all the right spots including Bluetooth in the bathroom to savour while in the whirlpool tub.
Along with the lake facing screened-in Muskoka room to ensure a feeling of being outdoors on inclement days, if a sudden storm comes in and there is a loss of power, there is an automatic back-up generator to quell any concerns of dampening your stay!
This wonderful property has 300 feet of Muskoka gentle sloped rock shoreline and sandy shallow water to please both the big and small children in the family. The bay was named Wagon Wheel Bay because of the wagon wheel that sat on the shoreline which was used as a navigation marker for fisherman in the bay. Enjoy the best fishing area of the lake either off of the dock or just out in front of the cottage. You won’t be disappointed as large and small mouth bass as well as northern pike and perch are aplenty. Along with fishing, take in water sports enjoying the kayaks, standup paddleboard and canoe at your disposal.
End your days in the warmth of the setting sun with a glass of wine on the dock and then gather around the fire pit to regale about the days adventures...Wagon Wheel Bay is the perfect cottage vacation destination!
- 3 bedrooms (king; queen; 2 singles)
- All bed linens will be provided
- Must bring your own towels
- fully equipped kitchen
- regular drip coffee maker - no filters required - reuseable basket
- Keurig coffee maker
- dining table with 8 chairs
- kitchen island with sink and 4 bar stools
- NO telephone
- good cell reception
- NO Wi-Fi
- 1-4 piece bathroom
- forced air propane heating
- fireplace (some wood available)
- central air-conditioning
- automatic back-up generator
- board game corner with table and seating area
- screened-in Muskoka room
- master bedroom deck (8 ft. x 21 ft.)
- 2 Muskoka chairs on master bedroom deck
- deck (16 ft. x 22 ft.)
- 5 Muskoka chairs on main deck
- outdoor dining table that seats 8
- propane BBQ
- outdoor fire pit (bring own wood)
- 9 Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- dock (10 ft. x 22 ft.)
- swim ladder
- 4 Muskoka chairs on dock
- 2 kayaks
- stand up paddle board
- lifejackets (some, various size)
- water source is lake, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
- One pet (small dog) upon approval by owner with a $50 plus HST, non-refundable pet fee per week
One pet (small dog) upon approval by owner with a $50 plus HST, non-refundable pet fee per week, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, bed linens will be supplied and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).